Monday, March 16, 2026

fifteen

 Dearest Everett-

You are fifteen today. Nearly fifty-five hundred days that seemed to go by in an instant.


This past year was a big one because you started high school. I think it didn't seem as scary for either of us because you had Cooper there to show you the way. It's been a really special year to have both of you at the same school one final time. No surprise you've done incredibly well in most of your classes and have decided as of now that you want to be an architect. Next year you get to take classes that fit this path, and I can't wait to see what that brings. I know things will probably change, but right now I love sharing this passion with you.

Another big change this year is you started to drive. I was a little more prepared for this milestone the second go round, but it's still the most frightening thing ever. Dad did most of the teaching in the early driving days because I've learned I'm just not cut out to teach teens how to drive. You have to wait a couple more weeks to drive to school on your own, but you are so ready! I can't believe the days of waiting for you outside of practice or a friend's house are coming to a close. The end of an era for sure!



You are still a football fanatic and had a very special year for your first year of high school football. You started every game on the o line for the freshman team, got moved up to play in a JV game, and then the cherry on top was getting moved up to varsity for the playoffs. I never imagined you and Coop would get to suit up together, but those few weeks of watching you take the field together were incredible. We were regional champs for the second year in a row, but sadly Coop had a season ending injury that game. You were happy to hold the plaque in his place while we were at the ER. That playoff run will forever be one of my favorite memories of the two of you! You've been hitting the weight room since the season ended and are eager to get back out on the field. I admire your drive and dedication to the sport and can't wait to watch you next season!








You've been a pretty chill guy since day one, and that hasn't changed much as you've gotten older. Your three favorite places to be are home, a football field, or somewhere with a fishing pole. You don't like anything fancy, although you did get dressed up a couple times this year in "hard pants" and I think you actually liked it. You love chicken wings and pasta, and would probably eat some form of those every day of your life. You have an empathetic heart and are always thinking about the people around you. We are all so lucky to know you, and it's an honor to be your mom. I can't wait to see what's next!



Love,
Mom


No comments: